You may be curious about how to convert an HSBC bank statement from PDF to Excel or CSV. You convert your HSBC bank statement to Excel for several purposes, including budgeting, tracking transactions, and spending habit analysis.
Although PDF files are neither editable nor compatible with spreadsheet programs, they maintain the original document’s formatting and layout. As a result, to extract the data from converting PDF bank statements to Excel, you will need a specialized tool.
Download the Statement From HSBC
Option 1: Use Internet Banking to Download Your Statement
Proceed as follows:
- Log in to the official online banking website and enter your user ID and password.
- Select the View statement option.
- You can click the three dots on the right side of each one of them, and from the drop-down menu that appears, you can select view statements again.
- When you select view statements from the drop-down menu, you can choose the relevant statement type.
- Then, choose the account for that statement.
- Select the e-statement you want to see, the month, and the year.
- Finally, download it as a PDF file from the website.
Note: This bank has multiple format options, such as CSV. However, the access limits to the last 12 months of transactions. Anything older than that, you can access it as a PDF statement.
Option 2: Use the HSBC Bank App to Download Your Statement
Do you know that you can download your HSBC bank statement by using the mobile app?
- Open and log in to the HSBC mobile app.
- Select the account you want to view a statement for after logging in.
- Choose View Statements after selecting View More from the menu.
- The statement for the selected month will be downloaded to your device automatically in PDF format.
Convert your PDF to Excel
Two methods are available for converting the HSBC bank statement to Excel. Either manually (but this process can take a while and might not be appropriate for long statements) or with the use of a program
One of the platform’s best benefits is that you can sign up for a free trial or use a free account.
- Step 1: Get an account on Bank Statement PDF Converter
- Step 2: Go to the home page and click “Upload Document.”
- Step 3: After the document has been uploaded, click “Start Analysis”. It will usually take a few seconds.
Download Your Excel File (.CSV)
Click on the uploaded document link to access the results.
After the Bank Statement PDF Converter completes the analysis, it will convert the data it thinks is in table format.
Your bank statement to PDF conversion is ready, and you can download the Excel or CSV file.
Clean up the Data
Bank Statement PDF Converter is a straightforward tool to convert your statements. Depending on the format used by your bank, you may need to further process your statements.
Set up the currency column: For further optimization, you may want to add the currency symbol to your transactions when you have the Microsoft Excel format statement. It is particularly helpful for HSBC customers who are handling operations in multiple currencies.
Add the year: If you only need to check your monthly statement, this is not a big deal. But if you have multiple years in one document, adding the year is a must. Make sure you set up and double-check this column inside your Excel document.
Anyone who wishes to examine their financial transactions will find it important to know how to convert HSBC bank statement PDFs to Excel.
There are numerous ways to accomplish this, including manual data entry, but it could be time-consuming and provide uncertain results. For that reason, the best way to convert your PDF file is by using a Bank Statement to PDF Converter, and you can test ours for free. Test today and unlock your financial information forever!