You may be asking how to convert a Wells Fargo Bank statement from PDF to Excel for many reasons, such as budgeting, report preparation, and transaction analysis.
Nevertheless, it might be difficult to edit or modify PDF files, and you could lack the software or the knowledge to do so by hand. Thankfully, there is an online tool that you can use to quickly and easily convert your bank statement to CSV or Excel. Keep reading to discover what the helpful tool is.
Download the Statement From Wells Fargo Bank
Option 1: Use Internet Banking to Download Your Statement
Proceed as follows:
- Log in to Wells Fargo Bank.
- On the main screen of your Wells Fargo Bank account, find the “Statements” link and click on it.
- When the “Statements” page opens, you may choose which account you would like a statement for, as well as which month you need one for.
- Provide the beginning and ending dates for the necessary transaction period.
- It will suggest downloading a PDF file with the statement.
Option 2: Use the Wells Fargo Bank App to Download Your Statement
Your statement is available for download on your phone if you have the Wells Fargo app.
- Log into your Wells Fargo App account.
- Click from the bottom to tap on the menu.
- You can see the card settings, account services, statements and documents, financial health, and help and support.
- Choose statements and documents, followed by statements and disclosures.
- Choose your account, and all respected statements related to that account will be available.
- Finally, tap to download it.
Convert your PDF Bank Statement to Excel (.CSV)
You can convert the Wells Fargo bank statement PDF to an Excel spreadsheet in a few different ways. This includes using tools or just copying and pasting by hand.
You can convert your bank statement by using the Bank Statement PDF Converter.
Simply create an account to access the free trial.
- Step 1: Get an account on Bank Statement PDF Converter
- Step 2: Go to the home page and click “Upload Document.”
- Step 3: After the document has been uploaded, click “Start Analysis”. It will usually take a few seconds.
Download your Excel File (.CSV)
Click on the uploaded document link to access the results.
After the Bank Statement PDF Converter completes the analysis, it will convert the data it thinks is in table format.
Your bank statement to PDF conversion is ready, and you can export the Excel or CSV file.
Clean up the Data
Once you extract your Wells Fargo statements into Excel, you will clean up the data to ensure you have the proper format for your dates and the amounts of the transactions.
Update the Format Date
The date follows the standard American date format (MM/DD/YY). If you are using this information outside the United States, you may need to change the format accordingly.
Adding the Year
There’s another element you need to consider in your data cleanup: the date does not include the year. The fastest way to add it is by creating a new column in your Excel and using the “DATE” function.
Here is your formula =DATE(2023, LEFT(A2, FIND(“/”, A2) – 1), MID(A2, FIND(“/”, A2) + 1, 2))
As you drag down, you’ll copy the formula in the other columns and end up with cleaner data.
One practical and easy approach to organizing your finances is to convert your Wells Fargo Bank statement PDF to Excel. Without the need to install software, you may complete the task quickly using the service provided by Bank Statement PDF Converter. The data from your bank is then available for you to view, modify, or analyze in Excel format for several purposes.